• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual p3 oc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daewood

how far do you guys and girls think that i could oc a dual p3 setup with an asus board?

the setup wil consist of:
2 pentium 3 667 MHZ (Slot 1)
Asus P2B - DS
512 of pc 133 ram

i was thinking of about a overclock up to 800 mhz

I could be wrong here... but on slot CPUs I don't think you can overclock but just a tad bit cause they run hot already.... like I said, could be wrong.

I got a 667 socket Cmine up to the mid 800's with a single setup, however the disadvantages with a dual is that if one processor will not make it past XXXMHz then the other will not either.

800 is respectfull and possable with the right board however I don't know how the Asus P2B is with overclocking and with voltages. So I would put a post in the SMP board and see if you get some more experenced bites.

Hitting 800 MHz with dual 667 P-III's will be nearly impossible. Even with a single CPU, 150 to 155 FSB is usually about the max before you run the PCI too far out of spec. I think you better lower your goal to about 700 MHz. It's much harder to O/C dual procs compared to a single CPU.

batboy said:
Hitting 800 MHz with dual 667 P-III's will be nearly impossible. Even with a single CPU, 150 to 155 FSB is usually about the max before you run the PCI too far out of spec. I think you better lower your goal to about 700 MHz. It's much harder to O/C dual procs compared to a single CPU.

I did it with ram that could take 166FSB easy with tight timings, great stick. The processers themselves could do it, but like you said ram and PCI cards.

Do you have this setup already?

You'll have to do some heavy modding to get above 133, as that is the highest jumper setting on the board.

And only the rev 1.06 D03 supports 133 natively anyways.

thanks for your imput i have everything already and it is for my little bro so i was thinking that instead of spending XXXdollars that i would throw these together and make a decent system for what he does (playing games like starcraft and Warcraft 3) well i will try and post it up if i get any higher than 133 fsb so yah...

awww how sweet, I offered my bro a 1700+ system if he got into overclocking. I still don't know why he refused. :rolleyes:

Back