• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scottyb

How hot should I let my 1.2 Ghz cpu get?
At 1.2 and 1.266 GHZ it runs at 60 deg. C
At 1.0 GHZ t runs ar 55 deg. C
These temps are after use

ouch

I am not sure about this but this is pretty high, I'd get some better cooling, what case cooling and cpu cooling do you have?
65 isn't terrible but I would always keep it around 50

I am using an Enlight 7237 Mid ATX w a sparkle 400 PS. I have a Tai-Sol CEK733092 Socket A Cooling Fan and a system cooling fan for my case.

Do you only have one fan in your case?
If so, you might want to buy another. In general, the best results happen when you get a windtunnel going through your case. A fan on the front bottom sucking cool in, and another in the top rear exhausting the hot air.

Nutz, my 1.0 GHz would not run at 1.2 GHz over 52C!

Sounds like you need more airflow through the case, do as hooziewhatsit suggests and add more case cooling. Try pulling the sidecover off and see if your temps drop; if they do then you need to re-evaluate your case cooling.

Fink said:
Nutz, my 1.0 GHz would not run at 1.2 GHz over 52C!

Sounds like you need more airflow through the case, do as hooziewhatsit suggests and add more case cooling. Try pulling the sidecover off and see if your temps drop; if they do then you need to re-evaluate your case cooling.

I concour, anything over 45c idle is risking having an AMD keychain

Back