• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good prices on P4 2.8-3.2's mistake at online store?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flakk

$15 to $20 cheaper on these select retail boxed P4 CPU's at this one store for some reason..

and no i dont work for them.. I have been watching the prices of pentium chips since february for my next purchase. Monarch Computers (a company i actually have had bad experiences with in the past for *not in stock* products) has either has decided to drastically undercut the competition or has made some kind of pricing mistake. It seems that they are selling their retail boxed CPUs for the same price as OEMs are going for. See for yourself, search on Pricewatch.com. Do a search for "Pentium 2.8GHz 800MHz retail" and "Pentium 3.2GHz 800MHz retail".

Is the price cut coming around or what? i hope this drives down the prices of bigger better sellers like newegg and zipzoomfly :)

also, if this truly is a good deal, does anyone know what kind of steppings monarch is giving out? old ones or new ones? perhaps this will help some people if they are in need of a good deal to push them over the edge to buy :) i know i'm considering it... but i think i wait til i hear more on how good their chips are

oh damn :O ! lol i didnt even spend time to go to the site. if only i knew they were giving out good steppings i might consider................... anyone know?

Hmm, this is interesting. I'm tempted to get a 3.0c from them, but I'd really like to know what steppings they've got as well.

Back