• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SuperScan Elite™ 803 anyone heard of it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimstandard

i found it for like 200 bucks online and its 21 inches and a .22 dot pitch which sounds good to me does anyone know if it is really good or any problems with it

from what you describe it seems like a decent monitor but i also go by "you get what you pay for"... is this retail price, or is it a refurb or something? what is the actual retail price?

Not sure how flat these are, but I've always liked Hitachi's build quality myself. If this were a Canadian place I'd probably buy one myself actually.

I doubt there are a whole lot of new ones out there to get a retail price on though since Hitachi no longer makes CRT's, at least for TV sets and monitors.

Hey, I realize this thread is almost a year old, but I do have info on this monitor. I own a 21" SuperScan Supreme 803, model number CM803U. I don't know how it differs from the Elite, but it's a very nice monitor considering. It's a shadowmask monitor with a small dotpitch. I believe it maxes out above 1600x1200 at over 85Hz. I run mine at 1280x960@85Hz. It's not a flat screen, though not too round. It is ;hysically pretty large, though.

They were extremely nice monitors for the time, and I'm still quite pleased with mine, it's a very sharp picture. To put that time in perspective, though, mine was made in Sept 1997. I believe later ones had DVI connectors, but mine does not.

Back