• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux Paint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupid Boy

We all know what the Paint application in Windoze is. What is the Linux equivalent? I don't want GIMP; I want something that I can open quickly so make a sloppy diagram in a couple minutes.

Stupid Boy said:
We all know what the Paint application in Windoze is. What is the Linux equivalent? I don't want GIMP; I want something that I can open quickly so make a sloppy diagram in a couple minutes.

Me yoo. I loves my MS Paint.

The GIMP 2.0 gets started much faster than 1.2, so it might be fast enough for your liking. If not, xpaint is a nice minimalist MS Paint workalike.

Christoph said:
The GIMP 2.0 gets started much faster than 1.2, so it might be fast enough for your liking. If not, xpaint is a nice minimalist MS Paint workalike.

I don't want to deal with layers. For a sloppy drawing, I don't want to accidently move stuff and not select a layer and not draw...

I just downloaded xpaint.

bru said:
Image Magick

I don't know where to download it from but you might have it on your distro's CD.

Image Magick is a set of CLI tools for generating and manipulating images. It's very useful in a number of circumstances, but it won't help you with sloppy drawing.

Back