• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benq projector bulb rebate promoton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarrenDH

I bought a Benq DX650 projector in October, 2003. I sent in the rebate form for a free spare projector bulb. Through RebatesHQ.com.

Hadn't come by January, 2004, so I checked with RebateHQ.com and they said rebate approved on 11-3-03 and allow 15 days from that date for it to be mailed. Then got a call from Sherril at Benq who said lamp on back order, but should be soon. I called them again on 2-18-04. Same story. Then again on 3-2-04. Same story. Tried again today and got voice mail; not a person. Left message. No reply from them.

Bulb worth $400. Too much to ignore. Anyone know of who to complain to? Like a government agency that handles frauds?

Is Benq going bankrupt? Would you buy anything from them again? Projector works great, but is the company solvent or able to be trusted? If they have bulbs for sale, why don't they honor their rebate promotions?

Benq projector bulb rebate

I called Benq again and left a message. A few days later a lady named Eileen called me back and said she had just started to work their recently and they were finally getting in some bulbs. She sent me one and it arrived this week.

Hooray and thank you to Eileen at Benq!

Back