• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7: Onboard LAN producing "connection errors"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spacepiston

I have discovered that the built in Ethernet on the AI7 appears to produce connection errors while playing online games. Battlefield 1942 in particular. I thought I was just having bad luck at first, but I have discovered its happening on every server. Within 5 minutes I get a connection error.

Im just curious if anyone else has had any trouble with the onboard lan?

hehe, hi again :)

haven't played long enough yet. had a league match today, while i was worming up on a public server my connection went for no good reason... i restarted the computer and was playing afterwords for over two hours, no problems. if it repeats, i'll post.

I changed to a 3/2 mem divider and double checked my stability through Prime95. I find that I can play for an hour or more but then I get connection errors in BF. Funny enough my yahoo! messenger keeps working fine cause I can still talk on my voice chat and nobody else gets booted from the server or experiences any trouble.

Im going to get a standalone network card and see how that fairs. I did not use the driver off the disc I wonder if that would have any impact.

that actually could. not sure what exactly they use but i think it's some sort of realtek... definetely need the drivers.

haven't lost connection yet since that first time; of course, my fsb is only 268.

turns out it was the ethernet cable going bad. I swapped it with a newer one and I have yet to see another connection interrupt. False alarm I guess:) Its the type of problem you like to find:)

Back