• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Case Mod - SuperMod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattman

This is my very first attempt at a case mod. Looking at some the others here - especially some of the aluminum/watercooled rigs - this one is sort of primitive. It started as an Antec SLK3700AMB, but I thought the grey was a little blah. I figured to try something simple and somewhat "theme" related.

I used the technique in the case painting sticky and I think it turned out OK. Any comments (or constuctive criticism) welcome.:D

Attachments

• dsc00769.jpg
    dsc00769.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 342
I like that idea. It seemed that the hardest part of the painting was making sure everything was masked properly.;)

Attachments

• dsc00774.jpg
    dsc00774.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 320
It's polycarbonate with a silver/frost translucent backing (decal). It's backlit from below by the CCFL's but I'm thinking of adding a laser led to hi-lite it.

aaah now i see, i couldn't really see it was a window.
very nice, keep up the good work
one of these days ima gonna paint my case gloss black possibly with some design or diff color highlights

~Magick_Man~

I think it look really nice. Nice job with the paint. I was too scared to try to paint my case, but yours looks great. I bet it's really good for a first time, too.

If you want to go really far with the superman theme, you could get a custom fan grill with the superman symbol in it, and then make a nice blowhole in the top of the case.

Really nice, though! :D

Excellent job!! If this were your 18th attempt, I'd still be impressed.

Looks very neat. That Antec is a great case, isn't it?

The logo on the side panel is actually a custom decal made from the same material as silver/frost on the top window. I just wanted something to catch a bit of light.

Your local sign shop/graphics store should be able to make whatever you want.

Your Aero blower is still mounted upside down on the heatsink! Pop it off there and flip it over.

I'd show off my modded case, but I didn't do any work on it. Its just a cheap pre-mod that I only got because it had a side panel fan and blowhole in it already. :rolleyes: It has nice blue lighting just like yours though.

Back