• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rad on top

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quicksilverXP

How hard is it exactly to fill and bleed with a radiator mounted on top of a case? I've always heard people talking about how difficult it is but really have not heard how to alleviate this problem.

It's not too difficult i did it myself a while a go. The problem is that mounting the rad on the top means that air gets trapped in it so getting it out is annoying.

My solution was to shake and tilt the case in every direction with the pump on disturbing the air pocket and thus pumping the air round. Then stoppping letting remaining air settle and doing it again. The whole process takes no more than half an hour or so, and you know you're done when you can't hear the water in the rad when shaking the case. This worked well for me.

Later

I've been running this one through the top for years.

Prefill the heater core FIRST

Mine on top and works grate!
But is harder to get all the air out but when you fill the system put on the side and alot of air bubbles will come out.
And when you change the water put the pump in buckit with new water in it before you pull exit hose off. make shure the pump is running and then move the exit hose two second buckit.
After you have changed the water leve the pump running and plug the exit hose and move it too the pump and put it under water turn the pump off and put the hose on the pump.
as you can see the buckits act as resavores for the fill

Back