• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

drive not detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jiggamanjb

So I started screwing around with my old Linux/Windows box, because I got a new mobo for it. It had Linux installed on the 6GB hard drive and Windows on the 10GB hard drive. After installing the new mobo I couldn't really do anything, so I went to reinstal both OS's. I was using GRUB as the boot loader and that was just screwing everything up, so I went into Windows Recovery Console and did the 'ol "fixmbr" and "fixboot" to try and get Windows back on the MBR. Well, now the 10GB drive isn't being recognized at the POST. The 6GB drive is humming along great. Any ideas how I can get this drive to get recognized again at POST?

Have you checked the jumpers and power on the drive? Have you tried another IDE cable? Is the drive spinning up? Try the HDD on the other channel, maybe the MB has a bad channel.

Back