• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you think i have a chance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chocobo

Do you think i have a chance to get a D0 stepping for a prescott 2.8e from newegg? If not where would you think my best change in getting one is?

Newegg will surely be among the first to get them (i think), but I would personally wait untill Intel has posted them officially in Proc. Spec Finder......

acesea said:
what are the advantages of this new stepping?
some are showing little lower heat,and also better ocing ability.mileage always veries and there isnt enough people with them to prove anything yet.

but i cant really remember a newer stepping not being better so it should be the way to go.

Your chances are zero from newegg. Intel has not yet officially released the Prescott D-0 stepping. Need to wait a little while.

It's the new Prescott stepping that was supposed to have been released May 7th, but apparently it's late.

OK im getting tired and i need a new chip so what should i get? Should i just go get the 2.8e from newegg now? because i have a pelt and it should O/C fine.

Back