• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prankstar008

Prime re****s

Do I care that I fail prime 95 after almost 3 hours if Im not using this box to fold/seti....and I dont mind an OCCASIONAL lock up...????

EDIT: oops i spelled results wrong:eek:

Three hours? I'd say the word occasional is being generous. You could probably go months if not years before it crashses, try playing a super intensive video game for a few hours, if it doesn't crash you're gold. A system crashing does not affect component lifespan, not with enough weight for it to become a factor.

prime crashing doesnt matter if you dontmind occasional lockups, only way to see how long its gonna take to lock up, is, play a game. a lockup/reset is a good way t odamage files on your harddrive, but other than that i dont see what could go wrong.

i've personally never ran prime for 3 hours, but i'll lay video games 6 hours straight...i never crash, and thats what i care about.

yeah prime is really realyl intensive. I would just play your favorite games, fold for team 32, and if it lasts for a couple days, then dont worry about it. Its not liek your comptuers sould existance in life is to run prime 24/7 anyways.

would folding be a good idea on an unstable computer? i eman, wouldnt it give not-quite-accurate results to the server? (like prime will give you a rounding error and halt...) wouldnt mis-roundings/miscalculations manifest as a bad thing?

With a wu being repeated thousands of times, the suspicious wu's are tossed out. Though it would not be a good idea to fold on a super f************ up computer. Prime is not the deciding factor in my overclocks, just general stability.

Back