• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA Cooling for 5700 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyzfunctional

I have a BFG 5700 Ultra and was wondering what would be a good vga cooler for it? The stock cooling is all right but wanted something a little better.Right now I just have the side panel fan blowing onto the videocard. Need some suggestions. Thanks

Welcome To the Forums

ok first off good on ya for going nvidia and BFG
should have got the 5800ultra but w/e

ok cooling this is a no brainer #1 dont buy a vga silencer there not worth it

but were do u live? will u order over the net?? form other places??

location should be stated man go to profile then and then add ur location

but the main things
#1 for GPU (the core of the video card) you want a cheap copper heat sink
#2 to mount the heat sink you will need artic adheasive not artic silver you want the adheasive

#3 you might as well buy some OCZ copper ramsinks for the video card ram use the adheasive on them also

but only put a bit on if any goes on circits or the board you migth fry ur card. in the event it does happen STOP go get 99% isapropa alchole and a new tooth brush and start cleaning that baby

if you in the US or/and you order online then here are the links you want (the last one is optional in my opion (imo)

FOR THE CORE:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-150-033&depa=1

FOR VGA RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-126-051&depa=1

FOR AIR FLOW (OPTIONAL)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...65&sku=V13-4200

Sorry if i didnt add my location...anyways...thanks for the suggestions. Gonna go look at some sites. Anymore suggestions would be appreciated also. Thanks

i wouldnt advise you to use arctic adhesive on the core unless your absolutly sure you wont ever replace it... i used A:A on my geforce 2, works great, but one thing is for sure, i cant get it off :D

you way want to get a cooler that has clip holes so you can clip the cooler onto the cards' PCB, for the ram you can use AS:A but again, only when your sure.

For the core id use:
AS5 with superglue, if the mounting holes dont work.

and whats wrong with the vga silencer? a bit of modding at its great :D or maybe its not to good for nvidia because nvidia coolers at stock are already bad-*** :)

not all of them are bad *** it depends what manufacturer made your card. Some of them are not great.

another tip for mounting the cheepo HSF. I would use 4/32 bolts. I used this on my F5200 with a stock AMD HSF and now, with no fan, i can overclock from 250 core to 350 core. I do have a case fan blowing on it. If i added a fan i am sure it would help ALOT. The bolt on method adds more security and also the option of removal. when i did mine, i used rubber bands to place the sink where i wanted it on the card, a thin felt tip pen (i used Sharpie tm) to mark on the base of the HS from the back of the card thru the mounting holes.

Then i got a nice drill bit that was about 1/4" wide. I drilled on each of the holes- Al and Cu are both easy to drill through.

After that i lapped the HS/F. to mount i simply used my nuts to force the bolt all the way through the fins. After the bolt was reting on the base i inserted the HSF onto the card with ceramique. I put in 1/2" nylon spacers to protect against shorting and tightened the bolts. You can alwase use a lock washer if you want a little more security.

*Note: if i could have found nylon bolts that were thin enough, i would ahve used them - they are very strong and remove all risk of shorting the card although the metal bolts shouldnt short the card as there are no traes passing along the inside of the mounting hole.

I was looking for a waterblock for my 9600 256mb radeon, preferably the gold Koolance block to go with my CPU-200G waterblocks, know where i can get the good one that matches in the UK?

Back