• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

needing some advice and suggestions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
i looking to water cool my celeron 1.2 thats at 1.6ghz 1.7v. it has a slk700 with 31cfm fan idle 38c / load 48-49c. i want to water cool it here are some parts im looking at.

WB:
swiftech mcw5000-A
DD maze4

pump:
Hydor l30
Via Aqua 1300
swiftech mcp600

Rad:
Black ice Pro
Black ice Xtreme

wondering what some people have to say about the pumps. Would i need a double pass rad or would a single be ok? Im also in the works to get some other celerons to see what the fastest speed i can get. Since im not sure how to find the wattage of the overclocked cpu could someone help out. the most voltage i see using may be 1.9v for a possible 2ghz. right now im not going to be wc the vid but may later looking for a FX5700u(anyone know the wattage of the gpu?).

would like the whole loop to be 1/2ID tubing.

im looking at cooling it two different ways.

here is my $.02

pump: swiftech mcp600 or if that a little pricy, look into a Danner Mag3

Rads: a single pass rads is better than double pass rads (of the SAME size); single pass rads will flow more (less restrictive) than a double pass. call your local carparts store and get a Fedco 2-342 heater core. youll need to mod it, but its "easy" ;)

loop: go with the "normal" setup. you want as much flow thru the waterblock as possible; your 2nd drawing will not do that.

GOOD LUCK

i concur

Danger den makes the best waterblocks,I'm using a maze 3-1 and an eheim pump 1048 model,this pump has been running 24/7 for about a year now with no signs of stopping! highly recommended!

Back