• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT 2004 worth getting for the single player???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pyramus

Hi guys,

I was thinking of getting UT2004 but I dont have broadband and at the moment I am only really interested in single player games. (no I aint a loner).

So for those of you who have the game and have played it. Is there a single player mode? Is it worth it? Or is it only a multiplayer/online game.

Thanks

I guess it's mostly a multiplayergame, but you could rather easy enjoy this game without any broadband due to it's many different gametypes.

If it's not to expensive I would try it out.

You don't need broadband to play, just make sure you're the only one using the connection, and using it just for the game. I'm not even going to sugar coat it, single player SUCKED. 96 hours to beat it, it just gave me good practice for the online stuff. I reformatted and haven't touched single player since. I DO recommend that EVERYONE play single player through before going online though.

*Hates newbies*
=\

tom10167 said:
I DO recommend that EVERYONE play single player through before going online though.

*Hates newbies*
=\

Amen to that! :D
People used to do the same thing with HL and HL Mods, got on my nerves more than anything.

Yah there is a single player mode and the bots you play against aren't *too* bad once you get farther along each tier. In the single player mode you're playing all the same game types you play online, so it is good practice if you ever do go online as Tom said. I enjoyed it to a degree but it is time consuming. Which might be a good thing for you.

Yah it's really the best when a noob grabs a tank and you jump in to man the turret and he just sits there ramming into walls and other general stupidity. FABULOUS!

dude thats not playing against n00bs thats called "playing against 3 year olds" haha

This is an exellent LAN-game.

Yea, I have Far Cry. I am on the last level ( I think). Its a great game. Alot of the game play that will be in HL2 and Doom 3 are in it.

It works real well with my Ti4600 aswell.

yteah i second far cry, amazing single player, but still ut2k4 i think would have more replaybility in the end, simply because it has so many maps, and the bot difficulty is sooooooo hard on the highest level.

Back