Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.
Forum Jump

Event viewer/networking

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-16-04, 09:22 AM Thread Starter   #1
andy334

Event viewer/networking

This is what I see in event viewer as an error

A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network. The IP address of the machine that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to see which name is in the Conflict state.

My 4 computers are connected together via Linksys router, each comp has only one network card, win 2000pro is my OS
I don't have problem to communicate in between 3 computers, the 4-th is a little deleted sometimes
my network group is home and each comp has it's unique name,router linksys has disabled DHCP but I had the same error with DHCP (ON ) on router. protocols installed are NetBEUI, TCP/IP
ALSOthis

The browser has received a server announcement indicating that the computer ANDY is a master browser, but this computer is not a master browser.

And this The browser was unable to promote itself to master browser. The computer that currently believes it is the master browser is unknown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
andy334 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.