• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will thermalright sp-97 fit..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
short answer:
yup, lots of us have it.

long answer: yeah, its pretty sweet. heatpipes face the front of the case. a torin blower will fit over the SP-97 with a little modding, and will fit nice in a big tower like mine or yuri's. (i think it was yuriman who did it first...i cant remember!)
and a torin on an sp-97 on an nf7-s, is well, sweet.

The only thing you won't be able to do is fit a Thermalright NB1 on your northbridge. This is what the thermalright tech people told me after I enquired about it.

Yeah, from what i've read your northbridge heatsink options are very limited due to how close it is to the heatsink on the cpu. :(

can you fit in one of the blue Zalman passive NB coolers with the SP-97 on this mobo? The Zalman and my Swiftech 462V live together very happily, but the SP97 looks - well - abso*&^%$*lutely enormous!

can you fit in one of the blue Zalman passive NB coolers with the SP-97 on this mobo? The Zalman and my Swiftech 462V live together very happily, but the SP97 looks - well - abso*&^%$*lutely enormous!
i have this combination and it fits perfectly.

Back