• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE wont connect to the internet after about 10mins...WHY?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

i absoloutely hate microsoft....i have to use my linux box next to me to browse the web....my other programs , K++, trillian, GAIM, some games...etc..all connect just fine to the internet....try to get on with IE...lets me check my homepage maybe twice..then just stops working....

ive cleared the cache, cookies, files, cleared history..im completely bug and virus free...what the hell is its problem?

Once i can get to the site im definently getting mozilla

have you tried pinging while IE connection is down? and do you still have DNS resolution? if not write down a few ip addresses of known sites and try pinging by name and ip address next time you have the problem.

my old cable providers used to have some weird dns problems. I would keep any connection/session i already had going, but could not make any new connection for like 30-45seconds. didn't kick me off online games or stop file downloads, just basically meant that my internet browsers wouldn't work for a few seconds every 10-20 minutes. was definitely annoying. i called them, but of course got no real answer as to why. maybe try using another DNS option other than your ISP?

Back