• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best possible $350 dollar WC kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CAPiTA

Best possible $350 WC kit

I hate asking this question. I just know it's going to get people mad. It's just that there's too much stuff to chose from and I decided to go with expert opinions.

Anyway, I've got a AMD athlon 2500+ along with a 9800n/p. I've decided to go with a reservoir. Seems like the easiest way to go. I haven't really thought about the NB cooling. I'm not sure if I would benefit from it. Investing money on equipment that wouldn't be spent on the NB block seems like a good idea. I do plan on overclocking.

I'm looking for performance and quietness. Quiet enough so that I could leave my computer on without it keeping me awake. I doubt that size will be a factor since I'm planning to get a new case: the Chenming black Dragon aluminum one. Unless of course, this case proves to be too small. But I doubt that.

Lastly, I should probably invest in a relay. Don't want my cpu fried if i forget to turn the pump on.

Thanks for reading all of this. I really appreciate it.

CAPiTA

I just ordered all my stuff and it came to about 325 dollars with no res.

Pump: Swiftech mcp600
Cpu Block: DD maze4
Gpu block: DD maze4gpu
tubing: 10' clearflex60
Radiator: dtekjr120 w/120mm fan and shroud
Additives: Green UV dye and water wetter
+Random fittings
+shipping came out to ~325

oh and with an mcp600 it hooks up right to the PSU so there is no need to worry about turning it on and off

Thanks. I'll take a look. The only thing is is that I've heard bad things about DC pumps. The PSU hookup is a nice feature but I'm not so sure if I should get it. I was looking at the Hydor l30 or the Eheim 1250.

I've been browsing the forums and the mcp600 is recommended. I think I might give it a go if it is silent. Anyone have one and want to comment?

my stuff is all here (cept my rad, hopefully tomorrow) once I get it all hooked up, Ill let ya know

Joshh100 said:
I just ordered all my stuff and it came to about 325 dollars with no res.

Pump: Swiftech mcp600
Cpu Block: DD maze4
Gpu block: DD maze4gpu
tubing: 10' clearflex60
Radiator: dtekjr120 w/120mm fan and shroud
Additives: Green UV dye and water wetter
+Random fittings
+shipping came out to ~325

Scrap the CPU MaZe4 and get a WW or RBX. Also, scrap the rad and shroud. Buy 2 Chevette Cores + 4 tupperware shrouds + 4 120mm Aluminum Evercool fans. Grap a Sunbeam Rheobus as well.

MCP 600 is the quietest pump out there, or fairly close. It's really quiet I hear. Heater core will offer the best performance, there's some guy selling good double heater cores on [H]ardOCP forums (I think it's that forum) that are premodded, painted, and come with shrouds, fans, etc. You may want quieter fans, though. MCW-6002 (cheaper!) or the WW (slightly better, but may not be available) are the good stuff as far as blocks go. Someone's going to say TDX, but that's 53 bucks (compared to 40 for the Swiftech and 50 for the WW) and not the greatest performer of these three. Tubing should probably be Tygon, as that stuff is pretty sweet, I hear, and reservoir largely depends on personal preference but a bay reservoir from somewhere will probably be the choice. NB block, while not recommended, would be the Maze 4, and the GPU block of choice (my opinion, I'm not sure how common this one is) is the Silverprop Fusion, available here.

my setup was aroune 320

rbx
maze 4 nb
silverprop GPU
15feet of the blue UV tubing from DD
used eheim 1260 for 75$
used radiator(120x120) for 40$ with shroud.
ceramique thermal paste.
uv blue 5.25" resevior from SVC

32degree temps at idle, 40degrees at peak(hottest I got) normal use is around 34degrees. I cant argue with that performance. the case fans are louder than the radiator fan and pump.

if I went about it again, I dont think Id change anything. might look at another pump, thought I dont like the heat this one puts out, I enjoy running nozzle 5 with 3 blocks. I think it offsets it, but a double 120radiator would be better for such a hot pump.

Alright, awesome. Thanks. I guess I'm going to go with some swiftech stuff. I'll post back here again once I figure out my setup.

350 is a good budget. You can get pretty much anything you want performance wise, there is some pretty ones that cost more but you dont want those ;), Try to think of what you have room for and what kinda noise level you want.

Back