• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So is the Whitewater better than the TDX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revival

Registered
I have a MCP 600 pump and Whitewater

IS the TDX better? Any guess on temp diff?

I really hate the 3 barb design ( Complicates things)

I think the WW is slightly better, but due to a lack of pressure drop info on plate #1, it's hard to tell. I recommend the MCW-6002, for a good price and performance about the same as the TDX.

RBX is technically slightly better, although the TDX is easier to mount and easier to use, but we don't know pressure drop.

They are all simlar. The TDX is prolly the worse in terms of performance but is stilll a good choice because of the 2 barbs, lower flow resistance, wider base for easyer mounting etc. etc.

I tend to agree w/ slater on this. I should be able to make some concrete recommendations on "which is better" by Wed/Thursday. Lots of plumbing (and pump switching) in meantime...

learning curve: To do as well yourself, you just need to be able to strap a waterblock to a CPU. They describe their methods (FAH for 30 minutes, one mount, temperature sensor 1 inch from CPU, no regulation of water flow etc. etc.)

oc613 said:
that pimp rig review is pretty useless, doesn't even say the pump he's running......

Have they changed it since? it says clearly hes using a danner mag3 pump...

Its also interesting (and obviously a bit off) how much they differ from PH's testing at procooling. http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8941

the RBX is clearly worse here, not sure about after pressure loss i guess ;)

Last edited:
The WW has a pressure drop of 20" @ 1GPM. The RBX has 16". Work it out. It seems that the RBX must have 1.5GPM to compete with the WW at 1GPM, and that means a pressure drop of 36". It loses. Pimprig is humiliating themselves by posting these reviews, IMO, but a lot of people probably think that these reviews are one of the greater things since sliced bread...

AngryAlpaca said:
learning curve: To do as well yourself, you just need to be able to strap a waterblock to a CPU. They describe their methods (FAH for 30 minutes, one mount, temperature sensor 1 inch from CPU, no regulation of water flow etc. etc.)
you're right AngryAlpaca my digi doctor set up would probably have been more accurate and I wouldn't have relied on one mounting either lol

Back