• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem Installing ZoneAlarm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antillian

Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem installing ZoneAlarm. I just recently tried out one of the betas of their upcoming releases, but I uninstalled it because of some issues I had with it.

But, now I'm unable to install any of the previous versions.
Such as: ZoneAlarm Pro 4.5.594.00. (I believe this is the correct version #, not sure)

It will startup, and I can get past the EULA, the survey and all that other good stuff, but when it acts like its going to install the ACTUAL software, the progress dialog disappears and then it disappears from the Task Manager. I'm not sure if the beta had something to do with this or not.

Got any ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated.:)

I'd check the program folder and see if it left any remnants in it's folder and delete those. Run search likewise for ZoneAlarms and see. Also run JV16 or one of the other registry cleaners and see if theres leftovers there that need to be cleaned up.
As a last resort, if this was a recent update, use system restore and roll back to before the ill-fatred install.

Back