• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Problem, cpu won't post on Mainboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

Okay, so I picked up a new mainboard today. I've been using a p4p800 deluxe. I sold it to a friend and picked up a p4p800-e deluxe. I brought it home, hooked it up with my 2.8C 800 and the I got cpu test failed error msg. I took the proc off the board and immediatly smelled a very acrid type smell. I took the proc over to another computer and popped it in to see if it was alright. It posted just fine on that comp, which has a p4p800. So I figure the boards defective and take it back and pick up a new one. I bring the new one back, and the same thing happens all over again. Now I've tested it with a different power supply, and I still get the same result. And I still get the acrid smell, which seems to be coming from the proc. I even tried my 2.26 533 chip, and I get the same cpu test failed. Please give advice if you have any. I'm kind of freaking out here. I really don't want to fry my procs, and I'm going to look like a real jerk if I take the board in to be replaced again. Thankyou in advance.

Could be a few things.

Personaly i aint the best with pentiums and intel, but i would imagine it could have something to do with you're bios.

Try flashing the bios with the latest version, check you're motherboard supports that processor..

If that dosent help, try posting some more infor about the motherboard you're trying to use..

HTH

It's actually a conflict with the psu and the motherboard, as I've found out. Asus is aware of the problem. I can't even get in to flash the bios. It sucks, I'm just going to have to go back down to the p4p800 dlx or get a new psu.

Back