• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World's fastest GeForce2 MX 400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomicGuY

I'm thinking it is at least,

My friend has rebuilded a PCB, reconnecting all the bridges, soldering and removing waffers, completly modifing the ram (He took the 8 Simms of ram off the PCB and replaced it with newer 2.5ns MT 8MB Chips. He used a retail ASUS V7100 Pro 64MB graphics card for the PCB. The intraments he used to perform the seaming and soldering where stolen from the local University! :p

results,

after the Ram mod and Voltage mod to the CORE, his ram's defualt is 350MHz but he overclocked it to 380MHz flawlessly with no artifacts. The CORE was even more of an interesting result, he was able to obtain a smooth 266MHz CORE which was cooled by a blue orb with a copper brick.

Conclusion:
MX 400 Before,
200MHz Core
200MHz Ram with 64MB 4.5ns (ASUS 7100 Pro)

MX 400 After,
266MHz Core
380MHz Ram with 64MB 2.5ns

Note, the ram achieved up to 384MHz without any artifacts but he lowered it just to be safe.

Very impressive! but still was beaten by a GeForce2 Pro 32MB, thats gatta hurt. What was the point of all this, lets just say, it was for an experiment and he got the ram simms free from the construction computer class.

OMG! that is ****in awsome!

:) Me wants!!!! :) :)

One hell of a soder job!

I thought my Geforce2 MX 400 w/ 5ns "Winbond" memory got a good oc speed! LOL!

(it's at 240/222 right now w/ my custom ramsinks and default HSF)

BrianCapps said:
Cripes man, with stock cooling, I had mine up to 260/380. Without all the soldering. Visiontek makes great cards.

I'm not saying this isn't true but I seriously doubt it unless you're not talking about an MX 400. None of the RAM used on any of the MX400 cards I know of would lend itself to 380MHz. Why? because due to the arcitecture of the MX it doesn't make much sense considering the cost to use 2.5 ns RAM. The experiment proved that. I wonder what a mod like that would do to a GF3 or a Radeon 8.5k though.Hm........760Mhz DDR?

MX when used with DDR can only have a 64 Bit BUS....
When used with SDR RAM its 128 bit....
so thier is no point in using DDR with an MX card.

2.5ns SD-Ram is dirt cheap!

it's the same price as 5ns DDR-Ram.

I've seen something similar done way back in the day with a Intel i740 where the guy had 150MHz ram on the card! which originally came with 100MHz sg-ram. Those University tests are so cool!

Is there DDR memory out there faster than 3.8 ns and if so any idea how much it would cost. It would be soo sweet to have a modded gf3 or Radeon 8.5K!

The best ns timings for DDR I know of as for now are the 3.5ns modules that are used with the Radeon 8500 I think (550MHz?)

But, by Feb next year, there should be a GeForce 3 Ti 600 which has a 300MHz core and 600MHz Ram (3ns DDR)

drools :eek:

Sorry you don't believe me, but thats what NVMax said I was at. If I still had the card, I'd post a screenshot. I traded it for a radeon 7500 vivo.

Warlord i hate to burst ur bubble but thats for a Geforce2 TI..whatever that is..some please explain to me all of these "TI" cards

the real G3 cards are still above 200...

Ti means Titanium, they are suspose to be "faster" than normal. Nvidia just released them so they could stay up with the ATI Radeon8500.

Hey does anyone remember who we're talking to here??

This is mr. 1800+ MHz from a 1.4 GHz TBird with aircooling....

Take this with a grain of salt.

SickBoy

Back