• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got a few questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevy8up

I have a coule of questions hoping i could get answers and i just may fold for ya. How big of a responsibility is folding for you all. I have a spare pc im gonna hook up on my router and prolly dedicate it to folding. I wanna know. Can i turn the PC off if i need the pc for anything else or can I shut my pc down at anytime without doing harm to team. Or if im gaming can i shut the software off at any time and would that be bad for you all. im interested in doing this Please answer.

thank you,

Kev

The program uses only spare cycles, so you won't notice anything while gaming. And yes, you can shut the computer down, but it will only process the work unit while the machine is on.

Oh... and...

Welcome to the Team!
(and the ocforums)

to shut down the program you should go to services.msc (start>run) and stop it that way. don't use the "end task" button. And folding does slow down games for me so i usually turn it off, play, then turn it back on.

I'm not a gamer so I don't know for sure, but on my Mom's old P-III 650 changing to ~90 or 95% max CPU use eliminated lag(allowed 5-10% of the proc move folding out of the way when other things wanted some Mhz?)

Back