• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dteks A64 adaptor installed!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RickCain

Registered
Well I just got back from Dteks shop today and here is my new toy...... :D Now for the BIOS to lock the AGP/PCI on my new motherboard and I'm off to overclock!!!

a64block1.jpg

a64block2.jpg

I like this mounting the best of all Dteks adaptors. Easy to install and works great!

Yes, that was the best part. I was able to take my existing waterblock and use bolt on the adaptor plate. It also gave me a reason to clean out and replace the old clearflex!

I'm getting 33c stable at stock settings which is a 10c improvement over the Zalman aircooled block I was using plus it is not much more silent :D

Cool. I'll be building a 64 rig this summer and already have a whitewater. Rick, so with the adaptor, you don't need any of the mounting hardware that came with the white water already?

Yes, Dtek gives you the longer screws to go through the plate and top down to the base as well as all the necessary hardware to bolt it to the motherboard.

Worked out well and was a cheap solution.

You might want to drop an email to Dtek and see if he followed the same hole pattern on the Dtek version of WW. Cathar might know as well, maybe he will post.

MikeTimbers said:
Could it be used with an original Whitewater? I don't plan on removing the lovely copper top!

Yes. Straight from Dtek's site:

This will adapt the White Water waterblock to fit Athlon 64 motherboards. This plate bolts to the top of the block using 4 extended top bolts(included). This plate will work on all existing White Water blocks.

Back