• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hardcorecooling ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

basic

Registered
Is this stuff any good? Does anyone have experience with these specific models??

PC400WIN1GBCL2
supposedly winbond chips, says "pc3200/pc3500" 2-2-3-6 1T

HCC40010242HDC-K
all it says is "cas 2.0", does anyone know what timings it can do?

Let me know!

Thanks,
Rudy

take my advice and if you are planning to overclock your rig at all, DO NOT under any circumstances buy a no-name memory. I recommend a brand name, it would cost you more but in the long run the lifetime warrenty and excellent quality products make the extra money worth it.

for example,

a year ago I bought 2x512mb pc3200 OCZ technology chips. About four months ago, there was a power surge or something and it killed my mobo and memory, so I sent it to ocz and without any questions, they sent me back some dual channel pc3500 2x512mb memory with an OCZ t-shirt. Now that is service. Sure I paid $30 extra initially but man it was totally worth it.

Any other opinions? It has a lifetime warranty. Has anyone actually used this ram before and loved it? hated it?

I'm curious.

Rudy

Extreme Compatiblity Edition - PRICELESS

are they serious?

that site looks shady. Id stay away personally. gotta ask yourself if theyll even be around a year down the road to honor that lifetime warrenty.

check the reseller ratings too.

but I dont trust their telling you the true chip names. so even if someone has brand name chips that match that, no telling if they really are without buying and looking at them(to do so you probably have to remove the heat spreader, and then theres no warrenty!)

Well, i got curious about how much shipping would be, tried adding it to my cart and it said they were out of stock. So it must've either been BH-5, or a lot of people got tricked.

I've heard they have good reseller ratings but who knows

I bought from there about a year ago. Got a very nice CH5 stick. I hear they're quite nice to deal with, actually; people that have gotten bad sticks have gotten them replaced promptly. The .13 micron pretty much gives away the fact that they're CH5.

My buddy buys memory from there a ton. I have bought cooling products from them and have been totally satisfied. The memory that my buddy bought was some CAS2 stuff. He said that it ran extremely well and he even fried one of the sticks. They replaced it and have been great. This is coming third party and take it as that.

P.S. He overclocks everything and I send him anything I have issues with. i.e. he knows his stuff.

I contacted these guys recently about this RAM. It is not BH-5, its some brand name "they keep unnamed thats why they get it to cheap". :rolleyes: The guy I talked to told me to buy the OCZ stuff over their house brand if that tells you anything.

Back