• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which components should i choose??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sam820921

Registered
Hi guys

I am quiet a noobie with water cooling but i have researched a little bit her and there but i still feel very uncertain about it.. i need some advice from advanced and exeprienced users.

I am looking to buy a good water cooling system... price is not a isssue though... but reasonable price...

Which components do u guys recommend and how should the system be build and what should it constitute of ???

Such as pump, radiator, waterblock???

well i would say for the pump get a MCP-600 as this plugs into you PSU. For a rad, go to a auto part store and get a 86 chevett heater core. Block, since you a new i would get a TDX by danger den. if ya got any other ?'s just ask.

and welcome to the board.

opps i forgot that lol thx. but i was also looking at the fact that he sais he was a newb so the 2 barb block would be a little better for a newb. they all perform around the same so its all good, plus the WW seems to be out of stock a lot.

polarflo's super finish blocks are very nice as well. also would consider one of the black ice radiators. other than that, whatever the game said is game. :beer:

nocturnal714 said:
polarflo's super finish blocks are very nice as well. also would consider one of the black ice radiators. other than that, whatever the game said is game. :beer:

lol, one thing tho is that the black ice rads cost a lot. but its up to him now lol.:cool: gl with getting everything man. let us know what you get when you done, and of corse bring the pix when ya get it all in and runing.

1. All the parts mentioned above are good.

2. Most Heater cores should outperform the Black Ice Extreme (BIX). Its a little bit bigger and may require some modding.Heater cores from the auto parts stores should run around $20, BIX $56-$65

3. Just remember to check the dimentions (<- spelling?), make sure your parts will fit where you want them to fit.

4. Welcome to the Forum

My choice???

Geez guys thanks for the tips....

I checked out som of the components u recommended... unfortunately i couldt find all of them.... (in sweden).... so i looked at som moddingpages and i composed this system...

Asetek Antarctica Cpu
Asetek Vga
Asetek Chipset
Black Ice Extreme II (Radiator)(sorry still beginner.. gotta spell it all out)
Eheim 1250 (Pump)
AC Aquatube Watertank, Titan

Basically i like Aseteks products.. its just that people recommend Eheim pumps.....
And i could replace the radiator with aseteks radiator to(it also fits with 2 x 120mm fans(single sided))
And the tank... its just so coool...

What do u guys think???? :p

Attachments

• mypic.jpg
    mypic.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 99
that RES is awsome though. I want to know how they get the fountain effect so I can mimick it!!

It's expensive though, like $80 with moutning plate.

Back