• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing my Case Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionnt

Im building a new PC System, and ive orderd all of the fans for it and what not and i want to test them and the CCFL kits to make sure it all works. I have an old ATX psu laying around that i want to test them with, but i need to bypass the motherboard.

I know that to bypass the motherboard you simply jump the green wire (pin 14) to a black one to ground it.

I read somewhere though that if you are going to run the PSU for more than like 2 seconds there is another cable you need to jump aswell, besides the green one. I think it said the grey one, but im not sure.

Is it true that i need to jump a second cable other than the green one? and alos, will i still be able to use the PSU with a computer later on if i need it?

Hello and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

I apologize, I am unable to help you on this matter, perhaps in the powersupply section you could get much more help. Don't worry about reposting, I will try to get a mod to move this thread right over there for you.

BTW, would you happen to be interested in Folding for overclockers.com team 32? If you would like more info please PM me. It might find a cure for cancer and other genetic diseases like Alzheimer's one day. And it helps out the team in the statistics. :)

@md0Cer said:
Hello and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

I apologize, I am unable to help you on this matter, perhaps in the powersupply section you could get much more help. Don't worry about reposting, I will try to get a mod to move this thread right over there for you.

BTW, would you happen to be interested in Folding for overclockers.com team 32? If you would like more info please PM me. It might find a cure for cancer and other genetic diseases like Alzheimer's one day. And it helps out the team in the statistics. :)

Dude, lay off the pimping >_>

In answer to your question, all you have to do is jump pin 14 to ground. I have done this with many a PSU and it works fine. The PSUs are all running away happily too ;)

Back