• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Lock up prob.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyson

Registered
My friend's IC7-G locks up on occasion. When it does this the whole comp freezes in its tracks and emits a high pitched squeel until it is rebooted. This usually happens under load. Also, I just updated the BIOS to 2.3. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar thing happen to me. Xp just locks up in its' tracks and you can hear a high pitch squeel comming from the drives. It turned out to be an older 15 gig WD hard drive I booted that started crapping out. It was my backup drive. After reformatting it, the problem went away. Check the drives first.

The new Bios didn't help, and I just reformatted the drive and that didn't help either.

You hate to think bad mobo without eliminating ram, psu, cpu, hdd, video card, etc. etc. Now the fun begins.
Good Luck

I had a similar thing on my system. I have 5 120 GB Western Digital drives. 2 of them were in removable racks with a temp sensor. They were also stacked on top of each other.

When the display read 43C, they started sqeualing and wouldn;t stop.

I have now rearranged the racks, so there's an empty bay between them. No more squealing...

Interesting, now that I think about it, the drives were stacked next to each other with no space between them. I really didn't think about the heat issue. Thanks for the info pvanosta :)

Back