• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good cool looking case and a good psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

well i need the case for a ABIT "NF7-S" nForce2 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL

i wanna buy from newegg.com only

so ya i would like a case with a window and under $70.00(with the psu included)

hows this case?
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-124-071&depa=0

its an Enermax that comes with a 360w psu. it costs 63.00, it has a temp display and it comes with 1 fan in the rear (i think there talking about the one on the psu) and 1 fan at the side

i want to oc my pc so should i get some more fans? (if so which)

so is that a good case and psu?

i'd say you go with one of the lian li, chieftec, or antec cases. those are good quality cases. you're probably gonna need a higher watt power supply too. at least 450 watts.

also if you're gonna overclock, i suggest one of the chieftecs. they have great airflow and allow enough room for extra wiring and extra devices and so forth. gl :thup:

The best thing to do is to get a cheap case, and then get a 350watt fortron, and just order them at the same time, the only cases that come with good psu's that I can think of at the moment are antec and asus, so it ismuch easier to buy a case without a psu and get, as I said, a 350w Fortron/sparkle which is about $35-40.

Those 350w PSUs (in both the Enermax and the Aspire) are Deer, and the exact same model too - you don't want that, trust me ;)

If the Powmax comes with a Powmax PSU, avoid that PSU too. Best option so far is to grab a cheap Fortron, but this one would probably do better if you stay with the 350's (the one tested to 454w) - overclocking may be a bit limited, but not too much methinks:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-420&depa=0

thats why i said if i was going to get the aspire or powmax i would get the sparkle or fortron. I heard enermax was good though

Bboy_Jon said:
thats why i said if i was going to get the aspire or powmax i would get the sparkle or fortron. I heard enermax was good though
Enermax cases don't come with enermax psu's unfortunately. Oklahoma's has sound advice by recommending the Fortron/Sparkle "FSP line" 350w since they're really 450w in disguise. They also underrate their voltage rails so don't be fooled by the seemingly low numbers on the sticker. The case doesn't matter as much just make sure it has enough fan placements for decent cooling.

The psu in the aspire case is about as junky as they get. I recently built a rig for a friend around that case/psu and it couldn't even boot his rig. Needless to say its now sitting in my closet as a backup or i'll ebay it for $10.

well i want a nice looking case, but all the nice looking ones are expensive, the cheaper ones are all ugly

i need one that is or is less than $40.00 that way i can get a 30 dollar psu

what are some nice cases for $40.00? i want a blue, sliver, or black (or anything but beige, white, gray or purple), should i get a window? because if i cant get cold cathodes iut will look wack

In your price range you just about cannot do better than the Antec SLK3700BQE...

No window but a very nice case that uses 120m/m fans, has rubber mounting for your internal drives...Washable filter...

And the power supply is decent.

;)

Last edited:
Bboy_Jon said:
what about this

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-144-042&depa=0

it has a window, 1 led fan on the side, 1 led fan on the top and its $40.00, looks pretty nice too

and then this 350 watt sparkle psu for 36 dollars

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-420&depa=0

it says the fsp in the model number

so the case and psu would be 75 dollars

how big of fans can i put in the 2 extra spots on the back??
You did well young jedi. You get to have your cake and eat it too with your choices. Thats the exact case my friend has and airflow is more than adequate.

It has mountings for two 80mm fans in front and back. Their grills are very restrictive but the airflow on the top and side is fairly free flowing. The included aspire psu is junk and DO NOT even attempt to use it. I personally feel it fried his new hard drive when we first powered up his rig; which reminds me, i think i better throw that psu in the garbage. Needless to say he ended up buying an Antec True 550w and all is well now.

That Sparkle/Fortron PSU is definitely the best bang for the buck you'll ever find... Its quality is top of the line with no strings attached.

Here are some inexpensive fans if you need them:
80mm LED fans $3 shipped
80mm Non LED fans $2 shipped The ones from Bestbyte are rated for 41cfm but might be loud for your taste.

Last edited:
lol

ok kool, so there is room for 4 extra fans? 2 in front and 2 in back? sweet

should i just get 2 fans for the back?

hey if the price is too high, like my dad wont get it, would it be better to just ditch the psu or get this case and psu

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-132&depa=1

it looks nice and has 4 fans, its just that its raidmax, so i dunno, but would it be decent enough if the price is too high? or would it be better to just stick with the aspire psu?

are these good led fans?http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-037&depa=1

cheapest i could find at newegg.com

also should i just get regular fans or led fans for the back (which faces a wall) and how many shouldi get?

Last edited:
more fans = better airflow = faster hardware = more sound = more wattage. so you gotta decide, looks or sound. if you can get some 120mm fans instead of the 80mm ones you can increase airflow and reduce sound. or if you cant fit a 120mm fan on the holders then get a adapter to fit a 120mm in a 80mm spot.

crap with the psu and case the total is now $611!!!!!! with shipping (which is $22.00) NOOOOOOOOOOOO

so ya whats a better alternative just in case

Back