• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Burn-In Question? Please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JAWS

I just exchanged my tbird AXIA"9" for a AXIA "Y". I can already see the difference, but I want to know the proper way to
burn in the chip. I am only getting a max of 1.88, before I was
getting 1.92. I have 3D Mark 2001 and Sandra. Which one should I use, and how do I set it up. I think I read somewhere
to set the cpu to stock, but to increase the default(1.75) up to 1.8, and then run the test. Or should I set my system to max stable and run it? Any replies would be appreciated!

I believe the proper way would be to set it at the max stable setting and then run FOLDING @ HOME on it for at least 2 weeks straight.

J/k but folding is a very good program for burnins as it will most likely give a higher cpu temp then any of the above mentioned programs.

Prime95 seems to find instabilities faster then anything else I know so I assume it stresses your CPU and memory more then anything else. Put your CPU on your max stable setting and highest stable voltage and run Prime95 in torture test mode for 24 hours if not 48.

I use Prime for testing but if you want to thrash your CPU, try CPU Stability Test.

i personally use seti@home as burnin.....i use it since it can keep my cpu under load while i m not using it and it helps the o/c seti team

Back