• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec TB480 Rear Fan Not Moving - is it normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evian

Hi,

I got my Antec TrueBlue 480 a week ago and I discover that the fan on rear (facing outside on the back of my case) is idle, not moving at all. Is it normal because of Antec's Quiet Technology (i.e., will it turn on if the temp is higher)?

Thanks.

I know on several of the Antec series PSUs the fan doesn't kick into high gear until past 45C. that is the most likely. On the other end of the spectrum if your exhausting too much air out of your case and and have little or no intake. You could be drawing air in through your power supply and stalling your fan. I would recommend removing the side of the case and see if the power supply fan comes on.

actually that same thing happend to my enermax 350 whisper. But the fan totally died on me and started causing some BSOD. Tried the whole take out some fans and leave the side door off trick that didn't work, so I just got another PSU. :D

Cerberus2k7 said:
actually that same thing happend to my enermax 350 whisper. But the fan totally died on me and started causing some BSOD. Tried the whole take out some fans and leave the side door off trick that didn't work, so I just got another PSU. :D

Well I wouldnt suggest you throw out your PS just yet :p.

The fan should be turning if it isnt I say it proboly died. You should try to RMA it or you could replace the fan with another one. However since the PSU is sooo new I suggest you RMA that thing.

Ive had the TB480 for about 6 months now and my fan has never stopped. though it is designed to regulate when the temperture rises and falls, even in the winter it still ran.

Thank you all for your reply! Last night I used a pen to turn the fan thru the grill and the fan started moving! Hopefully it will work fine from now on. Otherwise I'll take it to the support - it has 3 years warranty anyway. Thanks again :)

Back