• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7+SLK-947+ Neo Backplate??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You should be OK with the neo-plate. The Xplate requires a very slight modification to fit the nf7 v2. You need to file a small amount off one corner to clear one of the standoffs. This is such a small modification, that I wouldn't pay extra for the neo-plate. I'm using the Xplate on a nf7 v2.

fhanderson, whats the mod you made to the xplate?

secondly, where might I purchase a neo backplate?

I'm trying to figure out how to get my 947-u onto my nf7s v2.0

thanks.

At the tip of one of the points of the X, you have to file away between 1/8 and 3/16 by about 1/4 to clear the top/middle standoff for the motherboard. This is easy to do with a rattail file and doesn't weaken the Xplate. Once you get the Xplate in place, you will see that it covers part of the mounting hole on the motherboard. You can mark the area that needs to be removed.

What are these backplates for? I plan on getting the SP-97 and I do not know if it comes with a backplate or not. I read a review of the SP-97 and I didn't see the reviewer even use a backplate.

Can someone confirm if the SP-97 needs the NEO Backplate for the NF7-S V2?

Does it come with the Xplate?

Back