• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forums problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArBiTaL 24

There is no spoon
I have some forums of my own, but I have a slight problem which I've had for a while; I'm hosting my website and forums at home now but I also had this problem before when hosting elsewhere.
The problem is, the privacy report thingy blocks cookies from my forum by default, which means people can log in but as soon as they hit another link, try to posts, etc it makes them log in again (obviously it's not letting the login cookie be saved)

Of course this causes a big problem, because even if they log in again and write the post, when they hit submit it doesn't work again, as it tried to make them log in or gives an error.

I'm running MySQL, Apache, PHP...3 I think and vBulletin as the forum software. Does anyone know why this is occuring?

Check your cookie domain. Make sure it's the same as what's being used.

If your cookie domain is "example.com" and your forums is "ArBiTaL.com", then webbrowsers will compare the site address that you are at to the cookie domain, and find that they are different, label it a "3rd party cookie", which some people don't accept.

Your cookie path is also important, but can be left at "/"

Back