• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg has Buffalo Bh-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In stock? NO

There isn't any available now, was it it stock when you posted, or did it just have the product listed?

Tatuya said:

As soon as they added the word Winbond someone probably bought the last few sticks left.

yeah those greedy monkeys. then they probably puty them on ebay and sell them for like $300 each. :mad:

Isn't it amazing how many people jumped on this in just a matter of minutes, and we were all still late, well, almost all.

Will the winner of the sprint please come forth and gloat?

I doubt this was in stock at first (pluse $99 for 512MB is way too cheap)...I saw Corsair XMS PC3500C2 re-listed on newegg a few days back and it was never in stock in the first place :D

Actually when it was sold this was $99.00 per 512 stick and all had BH-5. Only at the end did it switch over to the Micron chips that it is sold with now. It was and is by far the best memory deal I've seen.

I have to admit that when I first saw the list price, it looked out of line with current prices. The interesting thing is that it shows one of those "auto notify" buttons which, when you enter your email address will send you a notice upon restocking. I can't recall if that is always there on everything, including discontinued items or what. Does newegg keep products on their site that are discontinued? For example, the KHX PC3000 and the non A 3200 aren't listed anymore, are they? Might be worth keeping an eye out. Who knows, they may have found some OEM stock that was never used to build systems or something like that.

There is no reason anyone should expect BH-5 with these sticks. Newegg called them "Winbond Module" long after Buffalo switched to Micron. They still called it that when I couldn't even buy the Winbond Modules directly though my Buffalo sales rep. There is no reason to watch these unless you want Micron chips that do CAS3.

hmm...well then somone knew something we don't or that some will get a RUDE awakining by some one when they sell it as BH-5 and it is MICRON chips.....

the results people have posted arent real impressive. they seem to be averaging 2-2-2 timings, but only at 200fsb. thats not characteristic of BH5.

ares350 said:
the results people have posted arent real impressive. they seem to be averaging 2-2-2 timings, but only at 200fsb. thats not characteristic of BH5.

If it's BH-5 it will do much better than that. A lot of nforce2 boards seem to dislike BH-5 unless some tweak is done (more voltage, taking of the HS'). Some people even switch mobos a few times and find one that allows them to OC the BH-5 like mad.

Dukemurmur said:
hmm...well then somone knew something we don't or that some will get a RUDE awakining by some one when they sell it as BH-5 and it is MICRON chips.....

They clearly label micron from winbond from samsung from infineon :D

wannaoc said:
Actually when it was sold this was $99.00 per 512 stick and all had BH-5. Only at the end did it switch over to the Micron chips that it is sold with now. It was and is by far the best memory deal I've seen.

Heh, very possibly that is why they reside in my machine :)

The funny thing is while they were still available for $99 people generally poo-poo'ed them with vague assertions that the PCB board quality was inferior. I maintained then, as I maintain now, that knowing which semiconductor a memory module uses is in 99% of all cases all you need to know. Those same naysayers would kill for a pile of BH5 Buffalo now, and probably even pay well in excess of the original $99 price.

larva said:
Those same naysayers would kill for a pile of BH5 Buffalo now, and probably even pay well in excess of the original $99 price.
Same happened here a few times. I'd recommend Buffalo BH5 and be poopoohed to death....by people who never owned it no less. I had used it a few times with systems i've sold with no complaints yet. Tested out a few of them and they were every bit as good as the Twinmos i have currently.

Too bad BH5 is practically non-existant any longer.

Senater_Cache said:
I havent gobe much into RAM yet.

uhm, if you dont mind my asking, whats so good about that BH-5 stuff?? and what is it?

Its specific ram chips made by Winbond. It was known for typically great oc's (w/higher voltage) while still maintaining tight cas2-2-2 timings. A combo that other companies have yet to attain. BH5 ram now teases us because it is no longer produced and stocked products have withered away already :( . On another note i'm very glad i stocked up on high speed ram while it was dirt cheap ;) I even bought a few sets of Hardcore Cooling winbond ram while it was dirt cheap (EX: $100ish for 1 gig pc3500 that runs cas 2-2-2)

but now ppl are doing the same things as bh5 with bh6 with slightly higer volts. The Mushkin 222 is an example of this also what is the OCZ 3700EB platnium i have been hearing about? are those micron chips?

Back