• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what drivers are you using on your 5900xt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

can't seem to find a consensus on which drivers are preferable for this card....i've tried 53.03 (incl SS), 56.72 and 60.72...gonna try 61.11 in a few but would like some input....thanks all.

oh yeah, anyone know a workaround for the thermal throttling besides bios flashing?

i dont have a 5900XT, but i just tested my card with 60.72. it took a huge hit in 3dmark01, but i havent run 03. all of my games seem to play the same but with a tad better IQ. it sucks in benchies for me, but real world performance is really good. i also see you mentioned thermal throttling, would you by any chance know if my 5700U has this feature? i would like to disable it myself. also, does disabling thermal throttling help achieve a higher OC?

Using the 56.72 SS here. i think for me the plain 56.72's are better so far. Not sure If when i clock high the throttle down kicks in and i lose performance. trying to figure out how to disable it. i wonder if anyone's figured it out.

My 5900 is bios flashed to 5950ultra and running 61.11.
It's sitting at 495/950 running stable as a rock and getting me good (but not great i.e. 5900 in 3dmark) temp never really comes into play that I can tell.

Anyway, when I first switched over to 61.11 from the 56.56 I had been running I did notice a jump in performance. Not huge, but definitely noticable. Not sure why but that's what happened for me.

DWolf:cool:

i didn't play any games with th 61.11's but 3d01 went down a bit...53.03 (nvidia, not SS) seem to be the best for me so far..i never noticed a problem with thermal throttling when i had my evga 5700U....scores always went up with my oc's....

Crap, i just took a performance hit with the 56.72 :mad: Dunno why, I dropped the speeds down to 495/990 and got 6218 in 3D-03 and 15,420 in 3D-01SE ??

altho, the ramsinks are nice...it would be helpful to see what kind of ram i have....

Jarhead7236 said:
altho, the ramsinks are nice...it would be helpful to see what kind of ram i have....

Only thing I found was this . Doesn't name what brand of ram you have, but it states 2.8-2.5ns which is a good thing. Scroll down near the bottom.

thanks....far cry locked up after an hour of play...card at default speed...probably more agp voltage? if that's not it, i'll add vcore.

Jarhead7236 said:
can't seem to find a consensus on which drivers are preferable for this card....i've tried 53.03 (incl SS), 56.72 and 60.72...gonna try 61.11 in a few but would like some input....thanks all.

I use the 60.72s. I tried the 52.16, 53.03, 56.72 and the 60.60s, but the 60.72s are the only ones so far that give me proper reflections on the metal of the subs in Aquamark3d. I have yet to try out the 61.11s though, but all my games work perfectly now so I'll just stick with my current drivers. Especially the 56.72s gave me huge performance problems with older games (hl, hl-of, nfs &c &c). Only ... the farcry demo only seems to work properly with the 53.03s for me, but if you have the full version and the patch installed the 60.72 ought to be no problem anyhow.

Take note, with my system, performance differences between driver versions are hardly noticable anyway, so I cannot really say anything usefull about that aspect.

i ran the ss56.72's on and 60.72's on my 5700U when i had it....the 56.72's were better but not by much...i didn't have any problems playing far cry with either of them....still having problems pc'ing this card, tho....with the 53.03's, i can go up 10mhz on the core until i get lower fps...oh well.

Back