• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram should i get???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

Ok, i just ordered a Mobile Xp 2600+ CPU from newegg.

i'm going to be getting the DFI-Infinity mobo too

now, i just need to get some new ram. but i don't know what kind of ram would be best for overclocking. i'm going to need some good ram for this.

What ram would be the best for Overclocking? I need something that will help push this processor to nearly 2.6 Ghz. Maybe higher, i want to see what i can get to.

but i don't want my ram to be whats limiting my overclock ( if it does, i want my overclock to be a good one then )

so, what do ya guys suggest?

also a note here.

With the DFI board i'm going to be getting ( either the infinity or the lan party B model, not sure yet... ) i'm going to be trying for FSB speeds of 240 and higher. i need some ram that can help me get the full potential out of this thing.

OCZ EB PC3200 or PC3500 and you can get 2.5-2-2-5 @ 250 FSB 1:1 given the right voltage. Some people got their OCZ EB PC3200 to 220 FSB 1:1 with 2-2-2-5 timings too. Lot's of oc'ing headroom. Adata Vitesta is hard to beat at $100 per 512MB stick. But it is usually for Intel users who need 300 FSB 1:1 @ 3-4-4-8 timings. Maybe with some luck you can get it to run 2.5-3-3-11 @ 250 FSB 1:1 on your DFI Ultra Infinity (up to 3.3V on Vmem will be helpful).

yeah, i'm thinking about getting a OCZ EB PC3500 512 meg stick

145 dollars. But i think that might be the best bet for the mobo i'm getting.

i would get the Mushkin pc3200 Black high pref 222 special as i have heard (i just had a thread on it) that on the DFI UI they can get up to and above 240 at 2-2-2-11 cas 2 so those are some REALLY sick timmings at those speeds 4 none BH5 chips.....u "might" even be able to get higer....get it in 256x2 so u can run DC.

Just my 2 cents

on another note some RAM no matter what some of them just WON'T oc so anything above the rated speed is just a bonus....if u REALLY want high FSB get Adata pc4000 but u will have LOOSE timmings so....but it is also cheap...

Back