• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any recent 2 player coop FPS games for pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Im wanting to know why current games like Halo and Farcry dont allow a 2 player coop feature but only offer the mindless multiplayer deathmatch crap? What current fps games have 2 player coop feature and will Hl2 or Doom3 have it? I dont want to hear about how the consoles get this feature and leave the pc out of it. That just ****es me off.

But those coops are not specially designed levels for co-op, they're the same single player levels except with two players in them instead of one...

I would like someone to make a real co-op game:

Player A has to do this so player B can do this...
Player B then has to do this other thing so player A can now access...
etc.

Thats exactly my point. Battlefield is just another version of multiplayer deathmatch. Its not anything like single player Farcry. When I say 2 player coop im refering to 2 people playing together in the single player atmosphere of Farcry or Doom3, HL2. That sort of thing.

The Xbox allows 2 player CoOp for Halo and Doom3 but, nothing for the pc. GRRRRR

OBLIVIONLORD said:
Thats exactly my point. Battlefield is just another version of multiplayer deathmatch. Its not anything like single player Farcry. When I say 2 player coop im refering to 2 people playing together in the single player atmosphere of Farcry or Doom3, HL2. That sort of thing.

The Xbox allows 2 player CoOp for Halo and Doom3 but, nothing for the pc. GRRRRR

The reason for this is because it's a smaller market for these type of games. With a game like this for the box all you need is an extra controller, with a pc you need an entire other pc. Also, because of this why not play with more than 2 people and how often do people have two pcs available and located near eachother.

Simply stated the market is just too small for pc games like the ones you are describing.

ravenshield allows you to play the singleplayer missions - I have been playing the coop of that alot recently, people play more tactically than any player vs player based game

tatuya thats not true since the pc gamming FPS are entirly populated with online gammers. Adding the ability to allow 2 player coop is not a type of game, but a mod to the game just like with any other game. HL1 allows it you just need to install the third party mod and alot of the games mentioned have it as well. Its far from a small market. Lets also look at rpg games like balders gate, never winter nights and the sort. They all allow coop gameplay. Just few FPS games allow it.

P.S. Spliter Cell 1 allows coop play?

He was refering to Pandora Tommorrow's Multiplayer.

Anyway I do think they need more co-op games! It was a huge hit with halo! And I'm a dedicated Halo fan and would play it!(spent 3 hours last night getting 846 kills in one match :D)

I love co-op fps games. I think that is about the only reason that I got into Serious Sam 1 and 2. They where mindless fun, but a riot with a few buddies.

So pandoras tommorow coop is using the single player playing field and not some mindless deathmatch or ctf crap?

Back