• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2700+ Barton 333 FSB overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

indimint

Does it come factory unlocked? I'm new to all this, but I have it in an asus A7N8X motherboard.

depending on the date on the chip will tell if its locked or unlocked. there will be 3 lines on the chip when you look at it take note of them if you can and post them

if its week 39 of 2003 or newer than its gonig to mostlikly be locked and there is no way to unlock it

Welcome To The Forum !

So does that mean that I can't change the speed at all, or can I change the frequency...?

Virtually end of the line Tbred B - I would guess it is unlocked as they did not sell that many of them so likely pre week 39

OC Detective said:
Virtually end of the line Tbred B - I would guess it is unlocked as they did not sell that many of them so likely pre week 39

So any Athlon XP chips manufactured after the 39th week of 2003, regardless if they're Bartons or TBreds, are locked?

Back