• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire or ATI x800 pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadM0nk3yyy

Registered
I looked on allstarshop.com and they have both the ATI and Sapphire versions of the x800 pro. Im looking at the OEM models because 1) there cheaper 2) there in stock. Which one is better? And is there any disadvantage at getting the OEM over the Retail other then software and fancy box? Ty for all help

Simple the oem is drivers and a brown box or just the retail box and card, the retail version is the retail box,card and software drivers, maybe some games demos.

ATI retail X800 pro comes with no games, no coupon's. weak IMHO
I think Sapphire retail has something but I cant confirm that.

I am waiting for HIS and Asus to release there versions because the individual manufactuerer's tend to give lots of goodies with there boards to get you to buy. Plus the HIS XT version looks awesome.

Which one should I go with? Sapphire or ATI? Sapphire is about 20 bucks cheaper on allstarshop.com then ATI. Is it worse then the ATI version?

Try bestbuy. Retail cards are 399 only issue would be there shipping is sorta slow.

IF ya want to go with allstar then either card would be fine, since sapphire is ATI's main card maker I.E they make most of the BBATI cards.

the sapphire comes with a hl2 coupon. someone posted the entire contents of the box somewhere...

lotsa cables and such too. if the sapphire is 20 cheaper, grab it for sure!

Yep OEM is fine. Just check the warranty that they give. thats the main difference. but it will be same card just lees cheese to go with it.

I've played with 3 BBATI oem's from allstarshop. All 3 have been very good on the mem clocks, 575+. Cores were all in the range of 550-565 with no vmods. I have heard of some Saphire's having memory clocks that would not go past 540 or so.

GL

Back