• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help!!! Aopen BX6B & intel p3 733 any ideas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nhoj

hello everyone, i've got an aopen bx6b mb & recently got myself a slot 1 p3 733 cpu (nice upgrade from my celeron 300a). I only have a power supply of 275w.

Basically, it doesn't want to work. when i turn it on you here the usual noises of the boot, but i get no signal on my monitor and the system just hangs.

I have got the latest bios from aopen and there tables say it should work, i dunno what to do. I know i can't really overclock it, but thats not the point, its an upgrade.

Any clues as i don't really want to buy a new mb

Cheers, John

Can you try a different power supply?
do you get any beep errors? these could point you in the direction of the prob.
Recheck all connections, and make sure the mobo ain't grounding out somewhere.
So far that's all I can think of...hope it helps

More info?

Hey,

Running ur BX board on 133fsb can presnt you with a lot of other problems other than chip probs(ram??...agp video card @ 83??...)

Because your chip is accually sold at 733, my guess would be to try a different vid card or ram if u can..

My 0.02cents

Wil

sorry I haven't replied sooner. things have started to pick up at work, and I've had to work through lunch the past couple of days. Still haven't had time to go look for the board in our stock, but I mentioned it to a co-worker, and he thinks we still have a couple of the boards lying around. If I get a chance, I'll see if I can set one up on my bench for a couple of hours.

Didn't have any left here, and it's been discontinued. Sorry to tell you, but the board doesn't support the 133Mhz bus. I'd suggest flashing the bios, but Aopen no longer supports the board (yeah, I know it's stupid that they don't). If you can find someone with the same board, they might have the last bios upgrade for it. But, if I were you, I'd start shopping for a new MB. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.:(

Back