• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon XP 2500-M at 2.6ghz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
I got my 2500-M up to 2.6ghz with 2.03v on a SLK900a with a SFII at max RPM. Thing is, whenever I run a 3dapp it closes it. Doesnt restart the computer or freeze, just brings it back to the desktop.:( Any tips?

Nice overclock! But you're going to have to either bump up the voltage a notch, or back down a few MHz. You still aren't quite stable. Given your current voltage, I'd probably back down on the overclock. And for future reference, this thread belongs in the AMD CPU's subsection.

Yeah AMD section but nice oc drop it down as those are pretty high volts on air.....i generally try not to go above 1.85 4day 2 day use but 4 a short 3dmark test i will run it at MAX of 1.95 but only 4 a few runs call me parrinod but o well.

That also happens to me when the oc is to high 4 the volts.

Here is my overclock to 2.6 at 1.93 , it was stable had prime 95 for 8 hours no errors. here is the pic , i am using the tornado and the sp-97 heatsink with heatpipes , same chip as above.

and my temps stayed like around 38-39 c

Attachments

• img_1110.jpg
    img_1110.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 744
Do you know how to take screenshots? Just press the printscreen button on your keyboard, then go into paint and click paste. Cut it down to the size you want. Also, your sig is WAY WAY WAY too big. Its in violation of forum rules, las time I checked.

i think your temp senson is totally off whack.

there is no way you are running 2.03 at 2600 mhz and keeping it at 38 celcius under load with that HSF, unless of course your ambient temperature is like 16 c.

i would use a temperature probe to get an accurate reading....

also, 2.03 :eek: is way too much for that mobile. i do 2500 at 1.62 and ~2630 at 1.76.

also what fsb are you running?

methinks you have a lot of tunning to do..

Seems a bit high voltage, for air cooling.

Anyways nice o/c, i can can't really do 2.4ghz stable with a SLk900 and 92mm Ystech.:(

I am using water to cool my 2.6 OC on my mobile 2500 @ 2.03V and it is usually between 47- 52C depending on how warm it is in my room. That 38C you are seeing has to be the case temp.

Hey, that's a great overclock, buddy! My girlfriend just picked up one of these... I can't wait to see what it will do with her SP97 + SFII. Good luck! :D

Yuriman said:
Do you know how to take screenshots? Just press the printscreen button on your keyboard, then go into paint and click paste. Cut it down to the size you want. Also, your sig is WAY WAY WAY too big. Its in violation of forum rules, las time I checked.

Also, if you hold ALT+Print Screen, it will only take a screenshot of the active window :beer:

Hey not to be off topic here.. but how did u get the "ABIT NF7-S v.2 ULTRA 400 d22 bios" bios? I'd like to know for my future NF7-S - thanks! :)

Back