• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best P3 OC CPU-FSB Max at 150-Shuttle SV24

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doccbst

Im building Spacewalker with sv24 MB --specs say to 1 Gb P3/Celeron my question is can I achieve higher OC with 100 FSB 1.g P3 ex(1.0G x133=1.3)this CPU is available in 100 FSB or 133FSB-(Tualatin)--This is first Pentium OC Project so not sure--My limitation is 150 Max FSB on SV24 so it seems the 100fsb will clock higher because i can raise it more but stability/cache considerations as with celeron may outweigh oc-also cost/overkill
1.0G p3/1.13 GP3 +- $50.00 US ---Celeron -1.0-1.4 about $36.00-
bottom line fastest under 100$--cooling limited because size of case--also Bios update takes away ability to raise FSB--I realize Bios will not recognize higher than 1.0 G but I understand windows will as well as WCPUID

The 1.0A or 1.1A Tualatin is the best bang for the buck and will easily O/C to 1.4 to 1.5 gig with good cooling. However, I suspect your mobo will not support the Tualatin. Since you originally said the specs say up to 1 gig P-III/Celeron, that implies only Coppermines. If that's the case, then get a 1000 P-III because it'll have more cache than the Coppermine Celeron... and 1.13 gig (7.5X150) is about the max the average Coppermine will do anyway.

Thanks BatBoy--I checked and manual says Fc-PGA/FC-PGA2 celeron /pentium based board--so I suppose the Tualitin is supported
?should I go for highest /for $ the 1.13 is only a couple dollars higherseem smarter--Im just not sure about MB/(says) 1.0G max
maybe that was highest when MB manufactured---also what about stepping codes, manufactures locations ,is there a BEST chip to buy for OC

I don't know for a fact, but I think some of the later 1 gig P-III Coppermines were labeled FC-PGA-2. So, I would check on that and check with Shuttle to see if that mobo will support Tualatin before making a decision.

If you get the P-III 1000 Coppermine, just makes sure it's a cD0 stepping and you'll be fine.

Back