• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the difference

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioTuned

What is the difference between Corsair XMS PC4000 DDR 500 Pro Series and Corsair XMS PC4000 DDR 500 (not pro series) in performance wise.....i know that pro series has leds......

go to newegg and look them both up and check the timings on each. If they are both the same, which I expect they are, then the only difference is that one has Led's and the other doesn't

do not get the pro series if you are looking to oc it. they do not oc very well at all and you are just paying extra for the leds which is worthless in my opinion. i know made the mistake of buying a pair of 3200 pros instead of some 3200LL bh-5's :bang head now i'm stuck with them and my oc on my mobile is very limited becasue i cannot raise the fsb with this memory. my suggestion is go ocz for oc if not just purchase anything else but the pros ;)

doesnt ocing get limited automaticly with 3200's....hummm.....ocz i head they are coming out with pc5000.....is it just a rumor or are they really....if they are maybe i will wait for that.....but maybe i wont....

Back