• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking 4 best modules @ 235 for around $300/1gb (2/512)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thc_ltd

Registered
Im looking for new memory that I could run at around 235 fsb or so for around $300 give or take a couple dollars. I like the memory I have now but it hates voltage, not a surprise since there CH-5. I like to do serious OCing and am willing to do a volt mod if I have to. Thanks for the input.

$286 shipped for 1GB of KHX3000 with BH5 chips: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482576275&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

There is someone in the forum classifieds (which I know you can't view yet) that is selling a set for $300, too, I believe. If you have a friend here who can view the classifieds and you trust with your money, maybe you could get him to buy it for you and then pay him.

Or, jump on the OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth wagon, and pick you up some of these:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-974&depa=1

or

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-983&depa=1

Last edited:
Don't forget the Mushkin 'Special' BH-6 line. It will run a little more than $300.00 but it will yeild what you want with a little over 3.0V. The OCZ EB line is deffinately a good choice as well. They are running 235+ with 2.9-3.0V and in some cases 2.5,2,2,8 timings but at least the rated 2.5,3,2,8. Be sure to at least get the PC3500 if not the 3700, they overclock higher and a little guarantee of speed never hurts.

I managed to pick up 2 sticks of Hyperx 4000 for 115 each at circuit city (utilizing their price mach plus versus best buy).

heres a tip for the average joe shopper.

if one store has a sale....

go to a different one and get it pricematched.:D

you can save major loads of money this way.

This brings me to another question. I have read in a couple posts that running a higher DDR memory at lower fsb speeds that you would actually take a hit in performance as apposed to running the the fsb the same as the DDR. For instance, running a 500DDR at 233 fsb 1:1 would yield less performance wise then running a 466DDR at 233 fsb 1:1 even though its the same fsb because one is being used at like 70% and the other 100%. Is this true? I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced this. If this is not the case, I will just go higher then I want just to make sure I have plenty of room to OC and run 1:1. I have found some OCZ EB PC4000 at a very low price and would love to get it if what I said here was not true. Thanks.

Last edited:
ozzlo said:
I managed to pick up 2 sticks of Hyperx 4000 for 115 each at circuit city (utilizing their price mach plus versus best buy).

heres a tip for the average joe shopper.

if one store has a sale....

go to a different one and get it pricematched.:D

you can save major loads of money this way.

Why pricematch it? Why not just get it at the sale shop? :S

~t0m

Back