Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

Where should i put the wc parts of rig for optimal performance..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-25-04, 10:41 AM Thread Starter   #1
Sun_tzu617

Where should i put the wc parts of rig for optimal performance..

Also, i wanna know how to fill/ refill without killing my system....

First, placement, Radiator goes on top of case...Inside......Maybe hide it with some lights in the area to glare peopel looking for it (BLIND EM), pump at bottom front.... Res in one of the 5 1/4 bays,
tubing all over, etc, etc? Would that work well? What should the configuration be? Would it be Pump> res> Red> cpu>gpu>mb
or some other way? Would blue be a nice color to have my whole inside of the case ...fans, lights water, etc....
I might paint my cases's in side a nice dark red/ lighter orange in a mix for a nice look, with green letters in chinese spelling (ULTIMATE MACHINE) somthing like that(get the sun_tzu) flowing....

I saw a rigg where a guy aded 3 fans to each side of teh radiator, should they suck or blow from the radiator? Should I add fans to cool my raptors? What fans are good but quiet?

How do i fill/bleed, after i set up right, stick my water in the res and make the pump go and suck it, let it go through some of teh hoses, would t spray when it gets back to the res?

Just making sure i got this all down....Before i do it, dont wanna wait till i just get my system......Be safe, not sorry....

Hence the saying: One may know how to conquer without being able to do it.
Sun_tzu617 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-25-04, 10:57 AM   #2
Joe Camel
Senior Camel Kicker

i KNOW this isnt what you want to hear, but most all the questions youve asked are already answered here somewhere. i understand it can be frustrating to try to find them (even with the search) but...

take a little (more) time reading up (stickies are a great place to start) come up with a few answers to those questions and we'll let you know if your on the right track...

give a man an OCd rig and he'll be happy for a day...TEACH a man to OC (& water cool) and he'll be addicted for...EVER!!

GOOD LUCK

HEAT
"So you see, it's not at all pointless, you just have to look for a different point" ... hafa 5/17/04
6800 EX Conroe @ 4740 MHz (395 x 12) - - Dry-Ice in The Camel Pipe -
- X1900 CrossFire @ 846/945 - - MachII Slave, D-Ice Master -
- 2x gig Corsair XMS 6400 CAS3 @ 494 MHz 4-4-3-1 -
- ASUS P5W-DH - - 700w "Mr Zippy" PSU
Joe Camel is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-25-04, 12:05 PM   #3
thorilan

for the best performance of your rad it should have the fluid flow in from the lowest possible point and exit the highest point to help self bleed.

so you might end up using a core and mounting it on its side if its a 2 pass.

like said before most of what you want can be found in the stikkies or other threads

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop