• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More of a reason to fold!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overdoze

I have seen people talk about cancer a lot but it has not happen to my close family. Well, that is about to change. My father in law was diagnose with bone cancer yesterday. He is at a pretty severe state. Well, he complains about leg pain for a year now. Vistting doctors so many times and they don't have a clue. Recently, the pain was unbearable so he went to emergency, they took a tissue from his leg bone and was positive on cancer test. Now they are trying to decide how to treat him. The worst part is he does not have insurance. We are trying to look for government funds or some other help for him.

I'm hoping that he could recover soon if they find the right way to treat my father..

Just a thought and wanted to share to all of you....
Sincerely yours,
Overdoze....

Last edited:
Its very hard to deal with cancer in the family. Most important thing is to stay strong and think positive. He can and will overcome this horrible disease!

If you need anything, just ask. We're a pretty tight community here.

Thank you all for your sharing thougts and praying. As an effort I fix the hardrive corruptions and 4 more cpus is now folding again.

woohoo, Now I have more power. Top ten productions in the team. :)
.. nice productions on everyone else as well....

PS: The AC is running a bit harder. I guess my powerbill this month will be high ..

I'm sorry to hear that unfortunate news :( I'll keep folding!

Like OSUmaxx said, just stay strong and things will get easier.

Sorry to hear that cancer has touched your family, and hope that your father-in-law will come thru OK...
Lost my best friend to heart disease a month ago now, and he will be sorely missed...
Keep fighting, keep folding...

Thank you all for your support.... Here is some more news. My father in law is in cancer stage 4 which means he has 30% chance that he will live past the next 5 years :(

I've made a commitment. Each month it cost me around $200 eat out. I'm going to bring my own lunch from now on and buy a farm layer each month. After filling up my farm deck (15 layers total) I will use it to pay for the power bill..

So in 10 months I'll have at least 1500 PPD(point per day) farm :D

He's got Medicaid now. He is under Xray treatment. Hopefully, that will help him ease the pain and cure the disease.

And thank you all for the compliment.

My brother had a severe open pelvic fracture after tangling with a 40mph Amtrack train while laying in the tracks during a suicide attempt. He was given at best a 10% chance to survive. Well over ten years later he limps like deputy Chester but he lives and can still walk.

Sorry to hear of your father in laws plight. I won't BS you, stage 4 is about as bad as it gets but there still is a chance. Attitude has a lot to do with how well the immune system works at attacking rogue cancer cells and if he can remain positive, his chances will be all the better.

We're here for you. Be positive too and support him the best you can. You just never know how things might turn out.

Back