• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

browsing two networks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pranks7er

ok at work we have two networks, i want to set up away of browsing two networks through one computer how do i connect that up i take it will involve bridges??

Two networks...can you give more info? Are they completely seperate or are they just two different workgroups?

IF there are 2 seperate networks and none of the machines have the same IP address or name then a simple way to do it would be to have a rig with XP pro on it with 2 NIC's, one conected to each lan then bridge the connections in the connection manager and viola, you have ONE network.

dual nics if thery are seperate networks, have fun wif they are seperate workgroups :p

seperate workgroups are easy. You just create a new connection with the properties of the other workgroup.

they are seperate networks and all computers in work need to access the two networks so simple wack two cards in each machine?

provided you bridge the connection with XP pro, yes all computers will be seen from any of the computers

Use XP Pro and bridge the connection but I hav never personally done that. I wonder if you have to restart your PC every time you want to switch or just change the Network config under "Networking"?

No restarting required, all changes can be made on the fly :). I use it to connect 2 lans together, my house and my parents house and it has been working perfectly for about 2 years.

Back