• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well... A new mobo didn't fix it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masterchief

If you read my post a few weeks back about my comp freezing you would know what I'm talking about...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297138

I got a new DFI LanParty And installed it yesterday. It seemed stable and everything but then I started messin with the BIOS and then I visited Newegg, and bam! It froze! So now I have replaced the mobo, hd, ram, swapped the vid card... all but the CPU, which is a 2100 pali. So I guess this is the last thing? lol... Anyone wanna get a used A7N8X?

Does anyone have a final suggestion before I sell my old mobo? Maybe throw in a 2100XP pali to go with it ;)

Sigh... well there's one more thing to buy! I was thinking of going with a 2600M and overclocking it :)

Either the CPU or PSU... which is a Turbolink 420W. I want to get a Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe from PC Power and Cooling!

check your voltages... if your 12+ is at like 11.49 like mine was.. thats probably the problem. if not, i guess the processor is the only other thing

masterchief said:
Sigh... well there's one more thing to buy! I was thinking of going with a 2600M and overclocking it :)

Either the CPU or PSU... which is a Turbolink 420W. I want to get a Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe from PC Power and Cooling!

The Lanparty and mobile 2600 is a good combination, like sex and drugs.lol

:D

Check my sig.:)

Ouch. I opened up Hardware Doctor and took a look at my voltages... everything was lower that what it should have been!

vcore = 1.71 to 1.74
3.3v = 3.12 to 3.20
5v = 4.89 to 4.92
12v = 11.58 to 11.72
-12v = -11.86 to -12.03

I think this may be the problem! Dang all that lost cash for nothin...

Your voltages aren't the greatest but they certinely aren't trash.. I'm not so sure it is the power supply, but you should have it replaced with a real quality 400 watt. I replaced my turbolink because I wasn't impressed with any of the rails.

Back