• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3200 on PC2700 board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I think I already know the answer to this question, but just in case, I wanted to check with the good people at overclockers.com I pretty much would just like to know if I could run a PC3200 stick in a board that only supports PC2700. Now I know the board can't support higher speeds them PC2700 but will the Ram be able to operate at a lower speed?

Of course yes, but try to oc the mobo first to see can you sqeeze 200fsb speed from the mobo before trying to lower the fsb.

Hooray! Well, I don't need to get higher Speeds, I just suspect a bad stick of memory (the only one in this system) and don't have any PC2700 sticks laying around to test it. Come to think of it, I really don't have any ram just laying around, I am going to have to take a 3200 stick out of the computer I'm useing right now to test it. Thanks for the info!

Back